Still drowning in zucchini? We’ve got you, friends! Allow us to introduce a super delicious (and easy) way to use it up: baked zucchini slices with vegan parmesan cheese! We’re BIG fans.
These tasty little squash slices are cheesy, herby, and caramelized. They pair wonderfully with proteins or pastas but are also a perfect snack all on their own! Just 1 pan, 5 ingredients, and 20 minutes required. Let us show you how it’s done!
These baked zucchini slices begin with thinly and uniformly slicing the zucchini to ensure even cooking and caramelization.
We then toss the sliced zucchini with avocado oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and dried Italian herbs for a simple, savory + herby seasoning.
Next we sprinkle our DIY vegan parmesan cheese on both sides, adding richness and extra saltiness. Sprinkling the vegan parmesan onto the zucchini helps it stick better than it does when added with the other seasonings.
After baking, golden rounds of zucchini are ready to enjoy on their own or dip in your favorite sauce (marinara and ranch are our top picks!).
We hope you LOVE these baked zucchini slices. They’re:
& SO easy to make!
We couldn’t help but eat them straight from the pan (they’re best fresh from the oven). They would also pair nicely with our Crispy Baked Tofu with Italian Herbs or Creamy Vegan White Pasta with Summer Vegetables.
More Zucchini Recipes
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo @minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Baked Zucchini Slices with Vegan “Parmesan”
- 1 large zucchini, thinly sliced (1 large zucchini yields ~350 g or 3 cups sliced)
- 1/2 Tbsp avocado oil (or other neutral, high-heat oil)
- 1/4 tsp each sea salt and black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dried Italian herbs (optional // or basil + oregano)
- 3 Tbsp vegan parmesan cheese
FOR SERVING optional
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (232 C) and set out a large baking sheet. If your oven has a convection setting, you can use it for extra caramelization. If not, these will still be delicious!
- Thinly slice (~1/6-inch slices) the zucchini as evenly as possible to ensure even cooking.
- Add the sliced zucchini to the baking sheet and toss with avocado oil. Then add salt, pepper, garlic powder, and dried Italian herbs (optional) and toss again until evenly coated with spices.
- Arrange zucchini slices in a single layer (use more baking sheets, if needed) and sprinkle evenly with half of the vegan parmesan. Then gently flip the slices and sprinkle the other sides with the remaining vegan parmesan.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then flip with a fork or spatula and bake for 3-5 minutes more or until the zucchini is lightly browned on both sides and a little crispy. Watch closely toward the end because they can go from crispy to burnt very quickly!
- Delicious on their own or dipped in marinara or vegan ranch.
- Best when fresh from the oven. Not freezer friendly.
Leave a Comment & Rating!