While throwing together dinner one night, I added some leftover roasted sweet potatoes to a green salad with a zesty dressing and thought, “This would be even better if the potatoes were roasted like ‘croutons’ and tossed in BBQ seasoning.” The rest is history.
Let us show you how this 30-minute, 9-ingredient recipe is made! It’s incredibly versatile and can be added to salads, bowls, wraps, and beyond!
How to Make Sweet Potato Croutons
We start with a delicious blend of spices to add mega flavor! The smoky BBQ blend includes smoked paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and cayenne.
Mix the spices up in a bowl with sweet potatoes, avocado oil, and maple syrup.
Then place on a parchment-lined baking sheet, making sure to leave a little room to help with browning. And bake to crispy perfection!
We hope you LOVE these “croutons”! They’re:
Quick and easy
We enjoy them as a snack or added to salads, bowls, wraps, and beyond!
More Sweet Potato Recipes
- 2-Ingredient Sweet Potato Hash Browns
- Cajun Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Masala Chickpea Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Sweet Potato Lasagna
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
BBQ Roasted Sweet Potato Croutons
- 2 medium* sweet potatoes, cubed
- 2 ½ tsp avocado oil (see notes for oil-free)
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (omit for less heat)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F (190 C) and use the convection setting if you have it to speed cook time and help crisp up the potatoes. Also, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add cubed sweet potatoes to a large mixing bowl and top with avocado oil (see notes for oil-free), maple syrup, smoked paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, sea salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender and golden brown and caramelized on the edges.
- Use immediately, or store cooled leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days. Add to dishes cold, or heat in a 350 degree F (176 C) oven or on the stovetop in a skillet over medium heat until hot.
*Medium potatoes measure 5 inches long and 2 inches wide.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate.
Leave a Comment & Rating!