Say hello to our new favorite salad.
Believe it or not, it was inspired by one we tried in an airport! Of all the places to glean inspiration from…
But no matter the source, the end result is far more delicious than the original we tried (not to brag, but for real), and it’s insanely easy to make! Shall we?
This 30-minute recipe starts with a base of greens, cooked lentils, red grapes, and the star of the show: curry roasted cauliflower.
We tossed one head of cauliflower in a bit of salt, coconut oil (or water), and our DIY Curry Powder* (swoon) and roasted it to perfection. The result is crispy-on-the-edge, tender-in-the-center cauliflower bursting with flavor.
*Note: you can learn more about curry powder and its origin here.
Next comes the Thai and Middle Eastern-inspired dressing, which is a mixture of our go-to Green Curry Paste – that color tho! – and tahini, resulting in a creamy, savory-sweet, punchy dressing that marries this salad together beautifully. You can learn more about the origin of green curry paste here and tahini here.
We hope you LOVE this salad! It’s:
Packed with fruit + vegetables
& Insanely delicious
This would make the perfect weeknight meal when you need something healthy and satisfying on the table fast! It also keeps well, which makes it ideal to make ahead and pack along for lunches throughout the week (just serve the lentils and cauliflower chilled).
If you’re into salads, also be sure to check out our favorite Garlicky Kale Salad with Crispy Chickpeas, Roasted Vegetable Salad with Chimichurri, Curry-Roasted Vegetable & Lentil Kale Salad, Loaded Kale Salad, and Abundance Salad with Savory Tahini Dressing!
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a picture @minimalistbaker on Instagram so we can see what you come up with. Cheers, friends!
Curried Cauliflower, Grape & Lentil Salad
- 1 head cauliflower (divided into florets)
- 1 ½ Tbsp melted coconut oil (or water)
- 1 ½ Tbsp curry powder (or store-bought)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
GREEN CURRY TAHINI DRESSING*
- 4 ½ Tbsp green curry paste (or store-bought, though fresh is best)
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 pinch each salt and black pepper
- Water to thin
- 5-6 cups mixed greens, kale, spinach (or other green of choice)
- 1 cup cooked lentils (rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup red or green grapes (halved)
- Fresh cilantro (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (204 C). Line a baking sheet (or more as needed) with parchment paper.
- Add cauliflower to a mixing bowl and toss with coconut oil (or water), curry powder, and sea salt. Transfer to baking sheet and roast cauliflower for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and tender.
- Prepare dressing by adding green curry paste, tahini, lemon juice, maple syrup, salt, and pepper to a mixing bowl and whisking to combine. If needed, thin with water until pourable.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more green curry paste for a stronger curry flavor, tahini for greater thickness, lemon juice for acidity, or maple syrup for sweetness.
- Assemble salad by adding lettuce to a serving platter or bowl. Top with lentils, grapes, and cooked cauliflower and serve with dressing. Optional: garnish with fresh cilantro.
- Best served fresh. Store leftovers in airtight container for 3-4 days. Store dressing separately for up to 1 week.
*If you like heavy dressing, multiply the recipe x 1 1/2 or 2.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated with homemade green curry paste, without optional ingredients, and with all of the dressing and the oil.
Leave a Comment & Rating!