Lately I’ve been a bit obsessed with smoothie bowls (or as I call them, smoodie bowls).
The concept is simple and I’ve done it before here and here! But I believe this is my best version yet, and the trick is all in the blending method.
Come see how!
This recipe only requires 3 ingredients, 1 blender, and 5 minutes. Huzzah!
Simply add frozen bananas and frozen mixed berries to a blender and blend on low (this is key!) until it looks like Dip ‘n’ Dots (remember those?!). Then add a little (not too much!) non-dairy milk of choice – I like coconut – and protein powder if you’d like.
Blend some more on low, scraping down the sides until you have SOFT SERVE! Yes, a smoothie bowl is glorified soft serve and it’s so dang delicious. Hence the reason I can’t stop.
The best part about smoothie bowls is the toppings. I’ve been keeping it super simple recently and adding a spoonful each coconut flake, hemp seeds, and chia seeds for added nutrients, fiber, and protein.
Fruit makes a pretty addition but isn’t necessary since the entire bowl is made of fruit.
This recipe is so simple, but I hope you give it a try and love it! It’s:
This makes the perfect breakfast or snack when you’re in a rush but need something substantial (and want something pretty). It’s especially great for the summer months when we’re all looking for another way to cool down and keep time in the kitchen to a minimum.
If you try this bowl, let us know what you think! Leave a comment, rate it, and tag a picture #minimalistbaker on Instagram! We’d love to see your smoothie bowls in action. Cheers, friends!
My Go-To Smoothie Bowl (5 minutes!)
- 1 heaping cup organic frozen mixed berries
- 1 small ripe banana (sliced and frozen)
- 2-3 Tbsp light coconut or almond milk (plus more as needed)
- 1 scoop plain or vanilla protein powder of choice* (optional)
- 1 Tbsp shredded unsweetened coconut (desiccated)
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp hemp seeds
- Granola (optional)
- Fruit (optional)
- Add frozen berries and banana to a blender and blend on low until small bits remain – see photo.
- Add a bit of coconut or almond milk and protein powder (optional), and blend on low again, scraping down sides as needed, until the mixture reaches a soft serve consistency (see photo).
- Scoop into 1-2 serving bowls (amount as original recipe is written // adjust if altering batch size) and top with desired toppings (optional). I prefer chia seeds, hemp seeds, and coconut, but strawberries, granola, and a nut or seed butter would be great here, too!
- Best when fresh, though leftovers keep in the freezer for 1-2 weeks. Let thaw before enjoying.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated without toppings.
*If you’re looking for a blender recommendation, check out our shop page!
Leave a Comment & Rating!