The perfect fall cookie does exist! These pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are here with the ideal amount of cozy warming spices and melty chocolate chips. They have slightly crispy edges, pillowy soft centers, and are undetectably vegan and gluten-free. Hubba hubba!
Your next fall baking adventure is just 1 bowl away! Let’s get started!
How to Make Gluten-Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
These cookies begin with one of the best techniques for a light and fluffy result: creaming the (vegan) butter and (brown) sugar. Next comes the pumpkin purée for a festive orange color and to add moisture for a soft cookie texture.
Vanilla, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt ensure the batter leaves no element of flavor forgotten, while baking powder helps them rise for soft and fluffy centers.
And now for the star: Our NEW gluten-free flour blend carries the dry ingredient team with a little assist from almond flour to keep the cookies moist.
Lastly, we stir in the chocolate chips (mmm, chocolate makes everything better) and chill the dough to allow the ingredients to meld together and help the cookies hold their shape.
Then, friends, the finish line is near. Pop them in the oven and in minutes you’ll arrive at cookie-munching central!
We hope you LOVE these pumpkin chocolate chip cookies! They’re:
Soft with slightly crisp edges
& Perfectly sweet!
Enjoy them on their own or with a Masala Chai Latte, Easy Pumpkin Spice Latte, or glass of (dairy-free) milk.
SHOP NOW to try our baking mixes!
More Gluten-Free Cookie Recipes
- Chewy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies (V/GF)
- Fluffy 1-Bowl Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies (Plant-Based, GF)
- Peanut Butter Cup Cookies (V/GF)
- Fudgy Vegan Brownie Cookies
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo @minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Fluffy Gluten-Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies (Vegan)
- 2/3 cup packed organic brown sugar
- 1/2 cup softened vegan butter (we used Miyoko's salted)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup Minimalist Baker Gluten-Free Flour Blend*
- 1/2 cup almond flour (we like Wellbee's)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup dairy-free semi-sweet chocolate chips or chunks (we used Enjoy Life)
- In a medium mixing bowl beat together the brown sugar and softened vegan butter with an electric mixer until pale in color — about 1 minute. Next add the pumpkin purée and vanilla extract and whip again until fluffy.
- Add gluten-free flour blend, almond flour, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and sea salt. Stir to fully combine. Then fold in the chocolate chips/chunks. Place the dough in the refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes.
- When the 30 minutes is up, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (176 C) and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Use a cookie scooper (we like this one) or tablespoon to measure 1 ½ Tbsp amounts of dough. We like leaving them in a domed shape instead of flattening them. Place the cookies 2 inches apart on the baking sheet. Recipe as written makes about 18 cookies.
- Bake for 11-14 minutes until the edges are golden and the center is soft.
- Let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to fully cool. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3-5 days.
*If freezing the dough for future baking, scoop the dough in step 3, then freeze for future baking. They can be baked directly from frozen.
*Prep time includes chilling.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate.
Leave a Comment & Rating!