If you love golden milk — the traditional Indian, Ayurveda-inspired beverage — you’ll love these overnight oats!
Rolled oats and chia seeds are infused with golden milk spices like turmeric and ginger and are naturally sweetened with maple syrup. The perfect make-ahead breakfast or snack with just 7 ingredients & 1 jar (or bowl) required. Let us show you how it’s done!
What Are Overnight Oats?
Overnight oats are made by soaking rolled oats in liquid overnight. This method of preparing oats keeps the integrity of the oat intact, helping to avoid that gummy texture that cooked versions sometimes take on.
They’re simple to prepare (no cooking required!) and packed with nutrition. And since they’re made with uncooked oats, they’re a great source of resistant starch — a type of fiber that feeds our beneficial gut bacteria!
Keep reading for our golden milk-inspired version. Or find our basic formula for overnight oats and explore more flavor variations here.
Golden Milk Overnight Oats
This flavor variation owes its warming, delicious flavor to golden milk spices: turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, black pepper, and optional nutmeg and clove. You can either add the spices individually or make a batch of golden milk spice mix to have on hand for speedy golden milk everything — overnight oats, granola, snack bites, and more! Learn more about golden milk and its health benefits here.
For these overnight oats, coconut milk provides the creamy base, maple syrup provides the sweetness, and almond butter adds swirls of creaminess + protein. All that’s left is some chia seeds for a little crunch and omega 3s.
After letting the oats soak into the liquid and spices overnight, these overnight oats are nearly ready for serving. Just top with sliced banana for sweetness and a potassium boost.
Other delicious (but optional) toppings include coconut flakes, coconut yogurt, and coconut milk, plus a swirl of maple syrup for extra sweetness!
We hope you LOVE these overnight oats! They’re:
Savory & sweet
Quick & easy
They make the perfect make-ahead breakfast or snack. You’ll thank yourself in the morning for taking the five minutes to prep this grab-and-go golden milk goodness!
More Delicious Oat Recipes
- Peanut Butter Overnight Oats (5 Ingredients!)
- 1-Bowl Chocolate Chip Banana Baked Oatmeal
- Cozy Turmeric Porridge (1 Pot!)
- Cherry Almond Granola Bars
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Golden Milk Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk (we used unsweetened boxed)
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp golden milk spice mix (see individual spices listed in notes)
- 2 Tbsp almond butter (or cashew butter)
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup banana, sliced (1/2 banana yields ~1/2 cup)
- 2 Tbsp coconut flakes (optional)
- 2 Tbsp coconut yogurt (optional)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened boxed coconut milk (optional)
- 1 tsp maple syrup (optional)
- To a jar or small bowl with a lid, add the coconut milk, chia seeds, golden milk spices (see notes for individual spices), almond butter, and maple syrup. Stir until the spices are incorporated into the milk. Some larger swirls of almond butter are okay.
- Add the rolled oats and stir to combine. Press down with a spoon to ensure all oats have been moistened and are immersed in the coconut milk.
- Cover securely with a lid or seal and store in the refrigerator overnight, or for at least 6 hours.
- The next day, remove from the refrigerator and top with sliced banana. Optionally, garnish with coconut flakes, coconut yogurt, additional coconut milk, and/or a drizzle of maple syrup. Enjoy! Best within 24-48 hours. Not freezer friendly.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated without optional ingredients.
Leave a Comment & Rating!