Rice is always the right answer. It’s the perfect base for countless dishes, and this Instant Pot Coconut Rice is the quickest and easiest way to take your everyday rice to the next level!
It’s fluffy, subtly sweet, and perfectly coconutty. And the flavors pair beautifully with entrées like Samoan-Inspired Mushroom Chicken, Massaman Curry, and Thai Yellow Coconut Curry. The best part? Just 1 pot, 3 ingredients, and about 20 minutes required! Let us show you how it’s done!
Inspired by our stovetop coconut rice, this Instant Pot version relies on light coconut milk for creaminess without being heavy. We add sea salt for flavor and optional cane sugar for sweetness. And there’s one sneaky ingredient — any guesses!?
It’s coconut water! Not only does it add coconut flavor, but it’s naturally sweet. Don’t have it or don’t want to use it? No problem! Water + a little cane sugar works well, too, making this recipe easy to whip up with pantry staples.
Simply add everything to the Instant Pot and pressure cook on high for 4 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally (or quick release if you’re in a hurry!) and your rice is ready to serve!
We can’t wait for you to try this coconut rice! It’s:
Quick & easy
& Perfect every time!
The flavors pair beautifully with dals, curries, or entrées like our Samoan-Inspired Mushroom Chicken, Easy 1-Pot Massaman Curry, and Thai Yellow Coconut Curry with Mango.
More Instant Pot Recipes
- Easy Kitchari (Instant Pot Friendly)
- Smoky Instant Pot Black Eyed Peas & Greens (Vegan)
- Banana Bread Steel Cut Oats (Instant Pot Friendly!)
- Instant Pot Quinoa (Fluffy, Perfect, No Soaking!)
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo @minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Instant Pot Coconut Rice (Perfect Every Time!)
- 1 cup jasmine, basmati, or long grain white rice
- 3/4 cup canned light coconut milk
- 3/4 cup water (or coconut water for natural sweetness)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cane sugar (optional for sweet rice — leave out if using coconut water)
FOR SERVING optional
- Finely minced cilantro
- Lightly toasted coconut flakes
- Add all ingredients to the Instant Pot and stir. Pressure cook on high for 4 minutes (it will take about 8-10 minutes for the Instant Pot to pressurize before cooking begins).
- Once the timer goes off, allow to naturally release for 10 minutes, then carefully release any remaining pressure. Carefully remove lid once steam has fully escaped. Taste and add additional salt if desired.
- Store cooled leftovers covered in the refrigerator up to 5-6 days, or in the freezer up to 1 month. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop with a little oil or water until warm.
*Adapted from our (stovetop) Perfect Coconut Rice and Instant Pot White Rice.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated without optional ingredients.
Leave a Comment & Rating!