Admittedly, I’m not the hugest fan of traditional cranberry sauce. Perhaps that’s because it was mainly in jello form at most of my childhood holiday meals. However, cranberries, when done right, are incredibly delicious. This cranberry crisp proves that.
Baked to perfection, it’s a bubbly, saucy, tart-sweet, crisp dream. Dare I say it’s my new favorite crisp?! Plus, just 45 minutes and 10 ingredients required! Let us show you how it’s done.
To start, tart cranberries are tossed with orange zest and juice and naturally sweetened with maple syrup.
Then the filling is topped with an oat and coconut sugar-sweetened streusel topping studded with rolled oats for a wholesome crunch. Pecans add a buttery crunch, and coconut (or avocado) oil helps create that classic crispy texture.
Then it goes in the oven and is baked to bubbly, golden brown perfection! You can almost smell it through the screen.
We hope you LOVE this cranberry crisp! It’s:
I’m envisioning this as the perfect slightly indulgent holiday breakfast or secretly wholesome holiday dessert. Dress it up with your toppings of choice: coconut yogurt, vegan vanilla ice cream, or coconut whipped cream! Plus, it keeps well and reheats beautifully. The tart-sweet flavor just keeps getting better.
More Fruit Crisp Recipes
- Grain-Free Berry Crisp
- Healthified Apple Crisp (1 Bowl!)
- Easy Peach Crisp (Vegan + GF)
- Vegan Gluten-Free Raspberry Rhubarb Crisp
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Orange Cranberry Crisp (Gluten-Free & Easy!)
- 2 10-oz bags cranberries (~6 cups as recipe is written // fresh or frozen)
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (increase for slightly less tart crisp)
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats (ensure gluten-free as needed // if oat intolerant, try subbing quinoa flakes or a blend of more almond flour and all purpose GF flour + increase nuts)
- 1/2 cup almond flour or meal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour (or store-bought)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup pecans (roughly chopped // or sub other nut, such as walnuts or almonds)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (optional)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil or avocado oil
FOR SERVING optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 C) and set out a 9 x 13-inch baking dish (or other dish of a similar size).
- To the baking dish, add cranberries, orange zest, orange juice, and maple syrup (increase amount slightly for less tart crisp). Stir to combine.
- To a medium mixing bowl, add gluten-free rolled oats, almond flour or meal, all-purpose gluten-free flour, coconut sugar, chopped pecans, sea salt (optional), cinnamon, maple syrup, and melted coconut oil or avocado oil. Stir to combine, then use fingers to break down any clumps of sugar. Sprinkle over cranberry mixture.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the cranberries are bubbly and tender and the top is golden brown. Let rest 5 minutes before serving. It’s delicious as is or topped with coconut yogurt, vegan vanilla ice cream, or coconut whipped cream.
- Leftovers keep covered in the refrigerator up to 4-5 days, or in the freezer up to 1 month. Reheat in the microwave or in a 350-degree (176 C) oven until warmed through.
*Adapted from our Best Vegan Apple Crisp.
Leave a Comment & Rating!