Green beans without the fuss? These PERFECT roasted green beans are an effortless side the whole family will love. Say goodbye to babysitting beans on the stovetop!
Just 3 ingredients, 1 pan, and 20 minutes required for these savory, caramelized, perfectly salted beans that basically cook themselves. Let the kitchen multi-tasking begin!
How to Make Roasted Green Beans
It doesn’t get much easier than roasted veggies! Here’s what we do:
- Wash, dry, and trim the green beans
- Toss with oil and salt
- Then add to a parchment-lined baking sheet (for easy clean up) and bake!
After baking for about 15 minutes in the oven at 425 degrees Fahrenheit (218 Celsius), they become perfectly fork tender and lightly browned on the edges — a.k.a. green bean perfection!
You can keep the green beans simple (we couldn’t stop eating them straight from the pan as is), or make them a little fancy by garnishing with lemon zest and slivered almonds or sesame seeds.
We hope you LOVE these PERFECT roasted green beans! They’re:
Buttery (without butter!)
& SO quick & easy!
Enjoy as a simple side with almost any meal, including our Creamy Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff, Miso Pumpkin Risotto with Crispy Sage, or Cheesy Vegan Pizza Beans (30 Minutes!).
More Simple Weeknight Sides
- Garlicky Sautéed Greens
- Perfect Roasted Eggplant (Tender, Caramelized!)
- How to Cook Sugar Snap Peas (Perfect Every Time!)
- How to Cook and Eat an Artichoke (2 Sauces!)
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo @minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Perfect Roasted Green Beans
- 12 oz. fresh green beans, washed and dried, ends trimmed
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Slivered almonds or sesame seeds
- Lemon zest
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F (218 C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place your green beans on the parchment-lined baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with sea salt. Toss to evenly distribute the oil and salt. Roast on the center rack for 15-17 minutes or until tender with a lightly browned exterior, tossing around the 8-minute mark.
- Best when fresh. Leftovers will keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Reheat in a skillet (we prefer cast iron) over medium-high heat until warm. Not freezer friendly.
Leave a Comment & Rating!