When pumpkin spice season comes around, but you’re in a matcha mood, have both! This festive recipe combines two of our favorite flavors for an antioxidant-rich, lightly sweetened drink that’s perfect for fall. It gives you a gentle pick-me-up without the jitters and is delicious served hot or cold!
Make it in a blender, milk frother, or saucepan in 5 minutes with just 4 simple ingredients. Let’s make (pumpkin-spiced) matcha!
How to Make a Pumpkin Spice Matcha Latte
This recipe begins with a decision: hot or iced!
Since pumpkin spice signals the beginning of chilly weather (and all things cozy) in our part of the world, we’ll start with the hot version. A saucepan will do the trick, but a milk frother is the way to go if you’re craving a frothy, café-style latte! If using a frother, you can add all the ingredients and press a button. Talk about EASY!
If using a saucepan, begin by warming your favorite milk (we like coconut milk) with pumpkin pie spice and maple syrup (or another sweetener). You’ll mix the matcha powder with a little hot water so it dissolves and leaves you with a drink free from matcha lumps.
Mix the dissolved matcha into the warm pumpkin-spiced milk, and you’ve got a pumpkin spice matcha latte. Enjoy in your favorite mug and prepare to be warmed from the inside out.
Now for the iced version: Simply add all the ingredients to a blender, blend until smooth and frothy, pour over ice, and enjoy!
We hope you LOVE this matcha latte! It’s:
& SO delicious!
Enjoy it any time you’re craving matcha and pumpkin spice and can’t decide between the two! Pairing ideas? Try any sweet treat with cinnamon, including our Best Vegan Gluten-Free Zucchini Bread, Pumpkin Spice Energy Bites, or 1-Bowl Vegan Coffee Cake (GF, Oil-Free).
Love Pumpkin Spice? Try These Next:
- Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats
- Cranberry Pumpkin Steel Cut Oats
- Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake Bars
- Fluffy Almond Butter Sweet Potato Muffins (GF)
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo @minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Pumpkin Spice Matcha Latte (4 Ingredients!)
- 1/3 cup canned light coconut milk (we like Whole Foods 365 brand // or sub other dairy-free milk)
- 3/4 cup water (replace with more dairy-free milk if not using canned coconut milk)
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1-2 tsp maple syrup* (or sub stevia to taste)
- 1/2 – 3/4 tsp matcha powder (find our matcha review here! // use the lesser amount if using a high-quality, potent brand)
HOT – SAUCEPAN
- Add all ingredients except matcha powder to a small saucepan and warm gently, whisking frequently, until smooth and warmed through. Whisk matcha with 1 Tbsp (15 ml) hot water in a small bowl or mug until smooth then pour into the saucepan and whisk again to combine.
- Alternatively, you can add all ingredients to a milk frother (we like Breville) and turn on the warm setting to mix and heat.
- Enjoy immediately. Shake or stir if the spices start settling to the bottom of the mug.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth and frothy — about 30-45 seconds.
- Enjoy immediately over ice. Shake or stir if the spices start settling to the bottom of the mug.
Leave a Comment & Rating!