Step aside, sparkling cider, there’s a new celebratory drink in town! This sparkling blueberry mocktail is a refreshing treat that’s perfect for everything from parties to poolsides.
Just 6 ingredients and 30 minutes required for this bubbly and beautiful drink, friends. Let’s celebrate!
What is a Mocktail?
The word mocktail = mock + cocktail! It’s a non-alcoholic alternative to a traditional cocktail that says bye-bye to the booze but keeps all the goodness of fruit, herbs, syrups, and other tasty cocktail ingredients. It’s a great way to enjoy a refreshing drink that’s still full of fun, just free of alcohol.
How to Make a Sparkling Blueberry Mocktail
This vibrant purple drink starts with an herby, fruity, naturally sweetened simple syrup made by simmering fresh or frozen blueberries with fresh ginger, rosemary, and water.
Then we strain the mixture and add maple syrup and lemon juice for a sweet, bright, and balanced result.
And then it’s mock o’clock! Once the syrup is done, simply combine it with ice cubes and a generous splash of sparkling water. Ya, she’s gorgeous!
We hope you LOVE this blueberry mocktail! It’s:
& Perfect for parties!
This mocktail is a refreshing drink any time of year! Make it a party by serving with appetizers like charcuterie boards, spinach and artichoke dip, bruschetta, garlic & herb vegan cheese, or charred serrano white bean dip!
More Non-Alcoholic Sips
- 4-Ingredient Citrus & Melon Spritzer
- Refreshing Ginger Lemonade
- Tart Cherry Mulled “Wine” (2 Ways!)
- Lemon Ginger Jasmine Iced Tea
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo @minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Sparkling Blueberry Ginger Mocktail
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 2 Tbsp roughly chopped fresh rosemary, woody stems removed
- 3 Tbsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Ice cubes
- 1/4 cup blueberry syrup (plus more to taste)
- 1/2 cup sparkling water*
- Few dashes of orange bitters (optional // elevates and rounds the flavors!)
- BLUEBERRY SYRUP: In a small saucepan, combine the water, blueberries, rosemary, and ginger. Bring to boil, then cover and simmer for 20 minutes, until the blueberries have lost most of their color and the mixture is dark and fragrant.
- Strain the blueberry mixture into a measuring cup or jar and add the maple syrup and lemon juice. Stir to combine and set aside to cool slightly.
- SPARKLING MOCKTAIL: When you’re ready to serve, add ice to your drinking glasses and top with 1/4 cup blueberry syrup. Top each with ~1/2 cup sparkling water, plus more blueberry syrup for sweetness or sparkling water to taste. A few optional dashes of orange bitters really elevate and round out the flavors. Stir to combine, and enjoy!
- Any leftover syrup can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or frozen in an ice cube tray then transferred to a sealed container for up to 1 month.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate.
Leave a Comment & Rating!