Need cookies, like now? Introducing cookies that come together fast: 6-ingredient chocolate raspberry cookies made in 1 bowl in 30 minutes. The secret? Our chocolate cake mix!
Not only are these cookies so EASY to make, but they taste INCREDIBLE — decadent, chewy, perfectly sweet, and bursting with bright raspberries and melty chocolate chips. Plus, they’re vegan, gluten-free, and grain-free. Need we say more? Let’s get baking!
These EASY, chocolaty cookies begin with the wet ingredients: vegan butter, dairy-free milk, and vanilla extract. Melted vegan butter gives them chewy centers, crispy edges, and a neutral flavor (sorry coconut oil, you didn’t make the cut this time)!
Then it’s time for the mighty, one and only dry ingredient: our CHOCOLATE CAKE MIX! Yes, it’s that exciting. It’s vegan, gluten-free, and refined sugar-free but unbelievably good (don’t just take our word for it). Stir it in and you’ve got COOKIE DOUGH (yes, it’s wizardry!).
Lastly, it’s time for the mix-ins: frozen raspberries, chocolate chips or chunks, and an optional pinch of sea salt. Not into fruit + chocolate? We forgive you. Grab your favorite cookie ingredients and let your creativity shine!
All that’s left is to scoop, bake, and it’s cookie time!
We can’t WAIT for you to try these chocolate cake mix cookies! They’re:
Crispy on the outside
Chewy on the inside
They’re the perfect treat for Valentine’s Day, urgent cookie needs, chocolate cravings, and beyond! Grab a glass of dairy-free milk and let’s have a cookie party!
More Gluten-Free Chocolate Desserts
- Fudgy Sweet Potato Brownies (V/GF)
- Easy Baked Chocolate Donuts (Vegan + GF)
- Fluffy Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes (Vegan + GF)
- Vegan Whoopie Pies
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo @minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
The Best Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
- 1/3 cup melted vegan butter (we like Miyoko’s)
- 1/4 cup dairy-free milk (plain, unsweetened // we used almond milk)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 (15.5 oz) package Minimalist Baker Chocolate Cake + Cupcake Mix
- 3/4 cup frozen raspberries*
- 3/4 cup dairy-free semi-sweet chocolate chips or chunks (we like Enjoy Life)
- 1 healthy pinch sea salt (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (176 C) and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- To a medium mixing bowl, add melted vegan butter, dairy-free milk, and vanilla extract and whisk well. Next, add Minimalist Baker Chocolate Cake Mix and use a rubber spatula to fully combine. Finally, fold in the frozen raspberries and chocolate chips, being careful not to break up the raspberries too much.
- Use a cookie scoop (we like this one) to scoop out 1 ½ Tbsp-sized mounds. Place the cookie dough 2 inches apart on the baking sheets. Repeat until all cookies are scooped out.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes until they’ve doubled in size and the edges appear dry. Optionally, sprinkle with sea salt. Let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy warm or cooled.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3-4 days. To freeze the dough, we recommend scooping out the cookies, placing them on the parchment-lined baking sheet, and freezing. Once frozen, you can remove them from the baking sheet and transfer to an airtight container. Bake the cookies straight from frozen — they may need an extra 1-2 minutes in the oven.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate.
Leave a Comment & Rating!